Property Litigation Practice
According to the common law, the landowner’s property rights “consists in the free use, enjoyment, and disposal of all [one’s] acquisitions, without any control or diminution, save only by the laws of the land.” (William Blackstone, Commentaries, Vol. 1) American courts, including the Supreme Court of Virginia, reaffirm this principle. Despite this, owners increasingly find their rights under siege in a system that views ownership as more like being a stockholder. Cowherd PLC provides advocacy for those with interests in real property in a wide variety of contexts.
- Foreclosure Contests & Complex Litigation
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Eminent Domain & Condemnation
- Defense of Zoning & Land Use enforcement
- Disputes among fellow owners of the same property
Fairfax County, Fairfax City, Falls Church, Arlington County, Alexandria, Prince William County, Manassas, Loudoun County, Montgomery County, Frederick County, Howard County, Prince George’s County, and Washington, D.C.
- Virginia, Maryland & Washington D.C.